I could get with a cute, themed-baby nursery, but personally, I’m more drawn to a baby’s room that’s more sophisticated. I would prefer a room that features neutral colors and furniture that is adult-friendly and grows with the child. When I have my own kids, I would definitely be looking for furniture that could be moved from my child’s nursery to another room when I want to refresh a space. This design board features items that are just that.

The crib chosen is convertible and all the furniture and accessories can grow with a child and can even be moved into another room, like your living room. The paint is a neutral color and the chandelier would look great in a luxurious bathroom or dining space.

In this glamorous nursery design board, I’m mixing a lot of patterns, but many resemble each other with a sort-of trellis design.

The color scheme is gray, pink, and taupe, with small pops of mint green…

modern glamour baby nursery moodboard 8 10 11 / 12 13 / 14

So tell me, what do you think of this moodboard? Do you like the themed nurseries? Or would you rather a more neutral space that can grow with your child?

XOXO

Sign up for as a VIP member of my email list to get access to FREE decor tips and information, first dips on my availability for new projects, exclusive contests, and my free E-Book, Small Spaces: Creating Separate Zones.

14 Comments on A Feminine, Modern Glamorous Nursery Design Board

1. Marlene
    April 8, 2013 at 5:49 pm (4 years ago)

Everything is so pretty! I really like the rug and the dresser. If only I had a girl.

• Whitney Jones
      April 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks, Marlene!! Don’t worry, I have a boy’s room coming up soon!

Whitney

2. Breezy Brie
    April 9, 2013 at 2:33 am (4 years ago)

O my gosh! Adorable!!! I keep telling myself I don’t want babies yet but you’re making it hard with all of this cute stuff!I love the dresser and rug. Well, and just about everything. And Behr is my favorite paint!

Brie – Breezy Pink Daisies

• Whitney Jones
      April 9, 2013 at 3:20 am (4 years ago)

Hey Brie!
      I don’t have any kids either, but I’m being tempted by this moodboard, LOL. Behr is my favorite paint, too.

Whitney

3. Cat Ratliff
    April 17, 2013 at 10:42 pm (4 years ago)

It makes me want to get out some color watches myself and have fun.

• Whitney Jones
      April 18, 2013 at 4:14 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Cat!!
      Thanks for visiting The Decor Chronicles! Your artwork is great, I would love to use one of your pieces in a space!

Whitney

4. Dawn Bedingfield
    July 9, 2013 at 3:33 pm (4 years ago)

I think this is a beautiful room, it would not ‘fit’ in my home and all my kids are grown, plus they are boys. LOL
    However, I always wanted a pink fancy nursery. I love the dresser and would use it myself.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

• Whitney Jones
      July 9, 2013 at 8:16 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Dawn!
      For me, it’s important to use furniture in a nursery that would grow not just with the child, but with the “family”. Meaning, the pieces could be moved anywhere around the house, not just a little toddler or teen’s room. So, when designing nurseries, I’m looking for furniture that fits the bill, gender neutral (for the most part) and “family” friendly.

Whitney

5. Desiree'
    July 9, 2013 at 3:53 pm (4 years ago)

So pretty!

6. kristie
    February 5, 2015 at 4:37 am (2 years ago)

Love the chandelier and side table. Where to buy?

• Whitney
      February 11, 2015 at 1:46 am (2 years ago)

Hey Kristie! All the items are linked under the design board.