Don't miss a sale; don't miss a post! Sign up for the VIP list for can't-miss-it home decor specials, straight-to-your-inbox decorating tips, and current blog posts!

5 Quick Ways to Add Color to Your Bathroom

Neutral color schemes can look great, but walking into a bright, colorful bathroom can be a real refresher when you walk in. Colorful spaces make you happier. So, what’s usually the first room you go to when waking up? Your bathroom, right? So, if the first room you visit is bright and colorful, you’ll get boosted early into a happy mood.

addColortoBathroom

Here’s simple ways to bring color in your bathroom:

Buy Colorful Towels

Your bath towels and bathrugs are a very inexpensive way to bring in color. The best part is that you can find so many different kinds and styles at most stores. My favorite place to buy them from are Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond, because you get a variety of colors and styles at many different price points.

Install a Colorful Shower Curtain

A shower curtain is a very inexpensive way to bring in color. I love to have two different ones that can be changed out every couple of weeks or so. It’s a fun way to switch it up for guests, or for yourself and your household. Just make sure that they both match the color scheme of the bathroom. (Unless you want to change up the entire color scheme every couple of weeks).

Paint your Wall

Paint may definitely be the biggest way to make an impact in a space. Paint is also pretty budget friendly and easy to do with some careful planning.

Add Colorful Artwork

I love to see colorful artwork in a bathroom, especially a small one (it just seems so much cooler with art)! Bathrooms are a great way to bring in bold art pieces, especially if they’re fun and colorful. Guests love to get surprised by a cool piece of artwork!

add colorful art in the bathroom to bring in more color

via the amazing design firm, Katie Curtis Design

Bring in Some Plants

Plants are a great way to bring in more color. You can choose to go with an all green plant or choose some flowers in your favorite color or one that matches your bathroom’s color scheme.

What do you think of these ways to bring in pops of color to a bathroom? Do you prefer a more subdued color scheme for your bathroom? Be sure to drop a comment and let me know!

XOXO

13 Comments on 5 Quick Ways to Add Color to Your Bathroom

• Whitney Jones
      June 18, 2013 at 2:23 am (4 years ago)

Hey Victoria!
      I love toile! And the pink color puts “the icing on the top”!

Whitney

1. Chelsea
    June 18, 2013 at 5:39 am (4 years ago)

I love all of these ideas! Accessories and shower curtains are such a simple way to change it up 🙂

Olive & Ivy

• Whitney Jones
      June 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Chelsea!
      You are so right! These are definitely simple, and cheap, updates! And I love SIMPLE and CHEAP!

Whitney

2. Gabs
    July 5, 2013 at 6:49 pm (4 years ago)

This post really made me smile! Do you have posts like this for bedrooms? I have really been looking at changing my room around and need ideas!

• Whitney Jones
      July 5, 2013 at 7:32 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Gabs!
      Thanks for taking a look at the blog! I’ll probably be doing a color post for bedrooms soon enough. You can check out my services page if you’d like to hire me as a decorator or if you have a specific question. I’d love to answer them for you about your bedroom. How about sending me pics?

Whitney

3. Desiree'
    July 6, 2013 at 12:22 pm (4 years ago)

Great ideas! I wish I had an eye for such things!

4. Sophia
    November 24, 2013 at 6:00 am (4 years ago)

I like the idea of changing out the shower curtains so things stay interesting. I am going to look for ones that are easy to get on and off. Great ideas.

• Whitney
      November 24, 2013 at 5:35 pm (4 years ago)

Yes, I always keep all my shower curtains that I buy. That way I can switch them out every now and then. Recently I bought a new one. I love it! But, I also love the one that’s up now. They have the same color scheme, so I’ll probably switch back and forth between these every couple of weeks. Trust me, a fresh look boosts your mood. I’m actually considering buying a solid color shower curtain to give me another one to add to my revolving door of shower curtains. 🙂

Whitney

5. Denise
    July 16, 2015 at 9:41 am (2 years ago)

The makeovers are so beautiful!!!