Hey lovlies!!! I’m introducing a gift swap that anyone can be a part of! A home decor swap!! In time for holiday decorating!
The swap will include items that your swap partner can use and enjoy based on your his/her favorite colors, style, likes, and dislikes (in relation to home decor), and design style.
This swap will be loads of fun and while meeting new people (your swap partner and other swap particpants), you’ll also learn tips for decorating, while honing your skills to help your swap partner come up with ideas for decorating they’re own space.
Here are the items that must be included:
- a small Vintage or antique item (like a cute trinket that your partner can place on a flat surface)
- photo of 2-4 items (furniture and other furnishings for the home) with item number, store name (and website), price, etc for your client to look for if interested in purchasing
- A decorative candle, soap, potpourri, or other smell-good item
- 3-6 paint samples for the client’s space
- One Christmas ornament that your partner can utilize for the holiday season
- A handwritten note with decor tips for your partner’s space
- One bonus gift
Bonus gifts can include a handmade item specially made for your swap partner, a textile item (table napkin, decorative kitchen towel, etc.) a fabric sample, or other small home accessories (pillow cover, decorative book, mug, small vase, planters, seeds, decorative boxes, and more).
I’ll give more information and tips on finding the best items for your partner after signups end. You’ll also get some info from me on how to interpret your partner’s interests. The purpose of this swap is to have fun while getting some decor tips along the way!! You’ll also get great items from your partner that you can use to update your own space.
I’ll create a secret Google + or Facebook group that we can use to communicate with each other about the swap, decor tips, DIY tips, etc., to make this a successful swap for everyone.
Sign-Ups Start: Friday, August 22, 2014
Sign-Ups End: Wednesday, October 13th, 2014
Home Decor Swap Rules
- You must fill out the below form. After accepted, you must confirm that you’re still participating. I’ll send you an email that you’ll just reply back with a “yes” or “still participating”.
- Packages must include at least 6 items while keeping in mind your partners likes, dislikes, favorite colors, design style, design inspiration, etc.
- Packages must cost between $25-35 (not including shipping).
- You must respond to emails from the swap hosts within a timely fashion.
- Packages MUST be mailed on or before November 8th.
- After you ship your package off to your partner, send the tracking number to both me and your partner.
- Post any photos of the package you receive on your social media sites by tagging #wjdecorswap
It’s very important that you are sure you can commit to this swap before you sign up. It’s not fair to the other participants for them to send off a package and be left out and not receive a package themselves.
If, after being assigned a partner, you realize that you can’t send off a package (for any reason), please let me know as soon as possible so I can work out something with your partner.
Since this is the first swap, we’re going to have to make this a U.S. only swap, sorry!
Fill out the below form
After everyone receives they’re packages and incorporate it into their space, I’ll create a linky party so everyone can show off they’re gifts and spaces!!!
Be sure to tell your all your friends about this new swap!!
Till next time,