December 16, 2015

Before and After Reveal – Blue, Eclectic Guest Bathroom

Guys! I’m so excited to share pics from one of my recent projects!

My client gave me full, creative control of her guest bathroom, but the only exception was that I couldn’t make any changes to the floor or any permanent fixtures (like sink, faucet, tub, etc.). But, what I was able to do was more than enough to totally transform this room. Check it out:

before and after; blue, eclectic guest bathroomHere’s another before pic:

before and after; eclectic, blue guest bathroom

I knew I wanted to go with a bold color, because she wanted a big impact. Benjamin Moore’s Blue Danube was the jumping off point for the entire room. Then, once I saw this cabinet in At Home, I KNEW I was on to something. It was the perfect piece to add to store guest essentials, like soaps and extra bath towels. The horse canvas art was the next piece I chose, and from there I just brought in some more decorative accents that I thought would look great in the room. I also painted her vanity a cream color and changed the handles and knobs. Check out the rest of the pics.

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

eclectic, blue guest bathroom

What do you think, guys? My client LOVES bathroom now and kept mentioning how different it looks now. I have to admit, it definitely looks like a new space! I first credit it to the POWER OF PAINT. If you’d like to know more about the POWER OF PAINT and learn how to decorate a room from start to finish, join my virtual decorating workshop.

I’d love to know what you think of this guest bath! Leave me a comment below.

Follow me: FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST

28 comments so far.

28 responses to “Before and After Reveal – Blue, Eclectic Guest Bathroom”

1. Love this makeover Whitney. That bold color is everything and I love the extra storage locker cabinet. Great job and I know your client loves it!

2. Theresa says:

Mission accomplished. Love the artwork and the paint colors. It feels like another room, not just a bathroom? If that makes sense. Can’t wait for the decorating workshop.

3. Aparajita says:

Hi Whitney, this is Aparajita from India. I have subscribed to your newsletter a few months ago.

The new look is lovely! I loved everything about it! The color, the metals with the color, the corals and the storage!

4. Jamala says:

You nailed this look! The bold color made the room more inviting and the horse painting is wonderful!!excellent piece for that space.
    Jamala recently posted…Joined at the HipMy Profile

5. Chas B says:

Everything is gorgeous!!!! Great job!

6. Lauren says:

This is gorg! I love these Library cart…literally love it! At the top of the year I am planning to redo our master bed & bath & this just gave me some great inspiration.

• Whitney says:

The library cart is beautiful! I love it, too! Thanks so much for dropping by! And, make sure you check out my decorating workshop starting up in the New Year!

7. Barb says:

It’s beautiful!

8. Lisa says:

B E A U T I F U L!

9. Sanaa Brooks says:

1. I LOVE that wall color.
    2. I LOVE that painting.
    3. I LOVE this! LOL

OMG, so when ever I move, I’m just gonna call you to decorate okay? LOL

This is great girl! #BLMGirl

10. April says:

Fantastic and I LOVE the blue walls!

11. Carli says:

This came out amazing Whitney! I LOVE THE BLUE!

12. Nicole says:

I love everything about this room !!

13. Madeline D says:

Ahhh those little drawers! I love this, such a fun and functional feel. Thanks so much for sharing. *goes off to hunt for cute drawers like those*.. x

14. Anthony says:

That’s a great wall color. What color is it? I haven’t come across the name. Thanks.

About Me

whitney j decor | whitney jones | new orleans interior designer | new orleans decorator | nola interior designer | nola decorator

I’m a self-proclaimed foodie with a love of all things HOME. I’m at my best when color & coffee is involved, but you can also bribe me with crawfish, bread pudding, and/or hibachi. New Orleans born and bred, it’s how I’ve learned to be confident in my use of unique patterns, bold color, and space planning when transforming my clients’ homes! Welcome to Whitney J Décor!

Join the VIP List

find out How I navigate retail stores for home decor

I'm a loud talking creative with a love for all things home. I'm all about turning your most boring, often neglected space, into your dream home. I love shopping "To The Trade" for décor you can be sure aren't in everyone else's home, but sometimes I have to shop my local retail stores. Want to learn how I best navigate these stores for the most fab finds? Sign up for my Home Decor Retail Shopping Guide!

latest vlogs