February 17, 2016

Home Office: One Desk, 3 Ways. The Blogger’s Desk

If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen a couple of sneak peeks of this project. I had THE MOST fun setting up my office area 3 different ways for this collaboration with See Jane Work. I have been buying their super cute office supplies for a while now! I’m sure you’ve seen them in Office Depot.

blogger desk

See Jane Work sent me some of their fun office supplies to help me show 3 different ways that my office can be setup: for a blogger, for a fashionista, and for a crafter.

Today, I’m showing you the “blogger” setup.I love the way I was able to pull together both functional and fun pieces for the “blogger” desk. When I first revealed my dining room-turned-home office, my desk was pretty bare. I was concentrating more on the whole space than the desk. I didn’t want to buy a whole bunch of stuff that I wouldn’t use just for the reveal, so I decided to give myself time to pull it all together. Here’s how my desk looked after the reveal:

blogger desk

The rest of my office was organized, but my desk was boring and plain. Doing this collaboration with See Jane Work gave me the push I needed to bring in a few cute pieces that helped me have a more efficient work area.

blogger desk

Although, I’m an Interior Designer, I also blog and make pillows. As a blogger, I don’t need a lot of stuff, so the first thing I did was decluttered and removed a lot of my design business paperwork and crafting supplies. Then, I only brought in items that I’d need for blogging.

blogger desk

Magazines (for blog post inspiration), paper trays, boxes for storage, and magazine files are just what I would need for my day-to-day blogging tasks. Then, I added in a black organizer to my desktop to help corral some office supplies.

blogger desk

These striped paper trays from See Jane Work are perfect for organizing my paperwork and printouts from the web.

blogger desk

See Jane Work’s striped magazine files are perfect for storing magazines, books, and notebooks, keeping the area clean and organized.

blogger deskDon’t skip on cute decorative accessories. I LOVE seeing cute art prints, candles, and flowers on desktops. Also, comfy seating is a must! I recovered this chair months ago and am using my “blogging badass” pillow, too.  A definitely must-have for the blogger *wink wink*.

blogger desk

See Jane Work also sent me this acrylic phone dock/ruler. It’s really neat! Right now, it holds one of my Kate Spade sticky note pads, but it can also hold your cell phone.

blogger desk

My “I Came to Slay” print is a nod to Beyoncé’s new “Formation” song, which I LOVE. It’s available to download in my Etsy shop.

blogger desk

See Jane Work sent me the acrylic & gold Russel + Hazel stapler and tape dispenser. They bring a modern, glam touch to my desk.

blogger deskblogger desk

blogger desk

What do you think of my “blogger” setup in this 3-part collabo? I’d love to know! Leave a comment below!

Follow me: FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST

23 comments so far.

23 responses to “Home Office: One Desk, 3 Ways. The Blogger’s Desk”

1. erin says:

I love your “blogger” setup Whitney. It looks super chic, yet very functional. Great job!

2. Carli says:

Great post, I wish I had that setup for myself! Love your Beyonce printable!

3. Linda says:

Looks great Whitney! I love that pillow! ❤️

4. Nicole says:

I’m loving all of this Whitney ! Now I’ve got to go shopping !! Great job !!

5. Lisa H. says:

The black and white organizers are so cute & I love the phone dock! Your desk makes me want to blog 🙂 great job
    Lisa H. recently posted…DIY Valentine CandleMy Profile

6. Great set up. Love everything! Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

~Whitney

7. Lauren says:

Whitney! This is gorg!! Your periscope giving us the tour was awesome! as a blogger & home decor enthusiast I love the simplicity of this style! Can’t wait to see how you change it up the next few days! Heading to their site now to see what I can snag!!

8. J Kristina says:

I love this set up. I need a more efficient office area.

9. Wendy says:

I loved it ALL!!!

10. […] already showed you two ways to style my desk: for the blogger and for the fashionista and. If you’ve been following along with this series, you […]

11. […] saw the acrylic clipboard (from See Jane Work) in the “blogger desk” part of the series […]

12. Alison says:

I am loving this! I have recreating my work area and this has given me some great inspiration!

About Me

whitney j decor | whitney jones | new orleans interior designer | new orleans decorator | nola interior designer | nola decorator

I’m a self-proclaimed foodie with a love of all things HOME. I’m at my best when color & coffee is involved, but you can also bribe me with crawfish, bread pudding, and/or hibachi. New Orleans born and bred, it’s how I’ve learned to be confident in my use of unique patterns, bold color, and space planning when transforming my clients’ homes! Welcome to Whitney J Décor!

Join the VIP List

find out How I navigate retail stores for home decor

I'm a loud talking creative with a love for all things home. I'm all about turning your most boring, often neglected space, into your dream home. I love shopping "To The Trade" for décor you can be sure aren't in everyone else's home, but sometimes I have to shop my local retail stores. Want to learn how I best navigate these stores for the most fab finds? Sign up for my Home Decor Retail Shopping Guide!

latest vlogs