Happy Earth Day!!
I’m not a photographer, so I don’t have any pretty photos to help me celebrate this day, but Earth Day is definitely more than just pretty photos of trees, the solar system, and landscaping. Earth Day is about supporting environmental protection. We reflect on our planet and our environment. We think of ways (and celebrate organizations that are already doing so) to protect them both.
So, today I wanted to share a company that practices environmental consciousness… FLOR.
At FLOR, every day is Earth Day as design and sustainability go hand-in-hand. FLOR proves that an eco-conscious collection doesn’t have to be at the expense of style. In fact, they offer a wide range of sophisticated, beautiful finished rugs in addition to their infamous carpet tiles, and are always continuing to bridge art and fashion with design.
FLOR provides rugs and modular carpet tiles that are easy to install, easy to replace, and most use renewable and recycled raw materials.
Here’s FLOR’s 360 degree approach to sustainability:
- Manufacturing – each tile is produced using renewable energy sources and technology that reduces waste and emissions. Over 95% of FLOR product is manufactured in USA
- Renewable & Recycled – FLOR emits low VOC’s creating healthy domestic air quality for your family and the planet
- Return & Recycle Program – when your FLOR has lived its life, you can return it back to the company who will use the fibers to create new product (which is one of my favorites of their many features that attract me to their products)
- Net-Works Program – nearly all of styles are made from 100% recycled nylon taken from discarded finishing nets. Net-Works initiative originated in a fishing community in Philippines, keeping the finishing nets that cause damage out of marine ecosystem, gives back to the economy by buying the nets from fisherman and creating new beautiful carpet
- Mission Zero – As a division of Interface, Inc., FLOR is dedicated to Mission Zero, a promise to eliminate any negative impact by 2020
As you can see, FLOR has awesome features that make them (in my opinion) a brilliant company helping to sustain resources and protect our planet.
Although I’ve never had the pleasure of using their product in a personal project (hopefully I will really soon), I do have samples for client’s projects (that I love) and have specified them in a client’s e-Design project last year – where I helped her figure out a layout in a really small shotgun home. I gave the option of the FLOR tiles, because she wanted a durable rug that would stand up to messy pets.
In the case of the FLOR modular tiles (which are my favorite), they have lots of beautiful options. And, when you happen to damage one (or more) tiles after use, you can easily pick that tile up and replace it with a new tile. This is both good for your pockets and great for the planet, because you don’t have to throw away a large rug, just because you have an ugly, stubborn stain on it. Sounds awesome, right?
So, what kind of projects are you working on? I encourage you to take a look at FLOR’s products to see if you can find a design that’ll work in your home.
***FYI: This is NOT a sponsored post and all opinions are mine.***
So, let’s chat! What do you think about FLOR’s initiative to sustainability? And, what other ways can home decor brands help protect the Earth?
Till next time,
P.S.: Follow me on Instagram!!