I’ve been hinting at possibly moving to a new apartment for a while now… first I’m moving… then, I’m staying… then, I’m moving. As of right now, I really don’t know what we’re doing. We’re not looking for a new place anymore, but if a new apartment knocks on a door and invites me over, then I’ll probably be like: OKAY, LET’S GO!
So, with that being said, I’m preparing for a JUST-IN-CASE type of situation. I’m trying to make a possible move as easy as I can by first starting with painting my kitchen back white. Right now I have a black wall (that has seen better days, btw). When I first moved in, I couldn’t handle all the white and was wishing for at least one black wall in my apartment.
Here’s what my kitchen looks like right now:
Well, it’s not that clean, but you get the drift. You can see the full tour here.
Since I’m painting my walls white, I’ll have to add some color so my kitchen won’t be a bore! It’s so fun shopping for kitchen decor.
I joined my friend, Alaya, of Behind the Big Green Door, in her Project: 1 Room, 30 Days challenge (#1room30days). It started on April 1st and we have until the end of the month to transform our rooms.
Here’s the plan for my kitchen:
- cabinet pull-out trash cans – I want to put my trash can under the sink to open up a little more “visual space”. Especially since I’ll be putting shelves on the wall.
- fun, quirky, and colorful aesthetic – I love this look. Since I’m doing white walls, I want to bring in some color in other small ways. I also want to paint on a word or two on the wall that’ll be easy to paint over when (if) we move.
- new color scheme – My plan is to go with greens, blues, and silver.
- glass jars – I was using these already with my current kitchen decor, but I plan to get more, so that I can stack them on the shelves.
- new rug – I grabbed this one from At Home this past weekend, but I’m thinking about going grab the one I passed up. I think I’d rather a solid color.
- Miracle-Gro AeroGarden – I’ve been wanting one of these since forever! I don’t have a patio or any private space to plant herbs or plants, so I’m really looking forward to doing it with the AeroGarden.
- wall shelving w/ glass jars – I want to do a similar look to what Kristen (of Ella Claire Inspired) did in her kitchen.
I have a few more plans for my kitchen decor, but since this is such a tiny kitchen – not a whole lot of changes can be made. So, I’ll keep these “extras” to myself until the reveal. 🙂
What do you guys think? Make sure you check out the #1room30days challenge hashtag on Instagram and check out Alaya’s blog for updates about the challenge.
I’m so excited about the challenge! What do you think about my plans so far?
Till next time,
P.S.: Follow me on Instagram!!