August 18, 2016

Designer Feature – Veronica Solomon of Casa Vilora Interiors

I always come across the most amazing, livable interiors and this showhouse is no exception. My fellow design buddy, Veronica Solomon, of Casa Vilora Interiors always gets it right.

She has a way of mixing different design styles that not only provide fun contrast, but her designs are sophisticated and classic. You can see plenty examples of her work on her site and her blog.

Just take a look at this room Veronica designed in a Texas showhouse earlier this year.

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors [left]0beb7e_6ad07e3c57574e38bd3d3282e0a7f82e[/left][right]Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors[/right] Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

As always, we’re nosy about our featured designers, so I had some questions for her:

Can you share some info about this beautiful showhouse? Which room is this? How did you come about participating in it?

This showhouse is a 12000sf home on Lake Woodlands in The Woodland TX. The owners were getting ready to put it on the market for sale, and instead of just doing a remodel and staging, the builder, Peterson builders suggested that they do it as a showhouse. Peterson builders has teamed up in the past with ASID TGCC (Texas Gulf Coast Chapter) on several other showhouses and the team came together again on this project. I did a small child’s bedroom on the lower level. As a member of the ASID TGCC I received the invitation to apply to be a part of the showhouse. I jumped at the chance. I have always wanted to do one. In fact, we have another one coming up in the Spring of 2017 and I signed up to be a showhouse chair.

Is this the first showhouse that you’ve done? What’s the process like?

It is my first one. This one, believe it or not, we had about 90 days from planning to installation. It was a lot of doing things outside of my usual processes and meeting deadlines. But it was an amazing experience. I have made some great relationships.

What was your idea behind the decor here? Is this reflective of all the other design work you do?

My idea was to really take advantage of the beautiful natural light and the views outside. I wanted the decor to be intentional – holding your interest while you are in the room, but still relate to the outdoors. I kept the foundation of the design very classic and then add color and funky elements to create an eclectic mix without the room losing its identity as a fun kids’ hangout. Instead of keeping it as strictly a bedroom, I did a custom daybed so the room can also be a lounging space. Most of my designs are eclectic and colorful with classic touches at the core – so this room is similar to what you will find in my portfolio. Of course I also do Traditional, farmhouse, MCM. I love mixing it up.

Tell us a bit about your design firm.

I have been in business since 2007 and I do mostly residential and some small commercial and office spaces. We are the only design firm in our area to provide our clients with a seamless combination of luxurious and practical interiors. My clients love that they can have the best of both worlds. They are typically busy families, but they still want a nice home for entertaining and just living.

How long have you been in business for and what’s most rewarding about working for yourself?

I have been in business for 9 years. I really love the freedom of being my own boss. I have a rebellious streak, so it is awesome being able to set the rules.

Being a designer myself, I know how hard it can be working with clients that haven’t a clue about the design process or how I work. What’s the biggest tip you can share with my readers about what they should know about working with a designer?

That we bring a tremendous value to the project and they should trust the process. There are so many things that we do behind the scenes that clients aren’t even aware of it. We do it not only because it is our job, but we are just as invested in a great outcome. Every project is like a baby we just gave birth to, we nurture it from the very beginning till it has developed into the beautiful result. We really do want the best for our clients, and so trusting your designer and really understanding their value will go along way for the best results

What’s your design style?

Haha! Not sure I have one particular style. I am influenced by so many different styles. If I had to name a style, I would say bohemian modern with a bit of classic details mixed in.

I truly love Veronica’s work and know you guys will, too. Follow her on Instagram and Facebook. You can also sign up to her email list to get her eBook, How to Create a Beautifully Detailed Room for Under $5000.

See other examples of her work below, but you can see even more on Veronica’s website.

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

[left]Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors[/left][right]Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors[/right]

If you love Veronica’s work as much as I do, make sure you show her some love in the comments section below!

P.S.: Follow me on Instagram!!

30 comments so far.

30 responses to “Designer Feature – Veronica Solomon of Casa Vilora Interiors”

1. Veronica says:

Whitney, thank you so much for featuring my work. I have always been a fan of yours as well, and I am just so honored to be featured on your blog to your wonderful audience.

2. Johanna Ali says:

I love these rooms. I like how there is just the right amount of color in each room. I also like the use of clean lines. Looks very sharp with the black and white. Love it. Great job Veronica.

3. I like how lively the rooms are, the small details are what stand out the most to me like the thin lining of pink on the curtains, multi color/patterns of pillows on the sofa, the pink and blue in the dinning room. I also like how some of the photos appear very fancy and sophisticated. Excellent designing!
    Chavonne Harvey recently posted…Sweet & Healthy Smoothie RecipeMy Profile

4. Ooh! How exciting to be featured and to feature someone. Those rooms are absolutely beautiful.

5. Pam Wattenbarger says:

How cool to be featured in a show house. I have been a fan of Veronica’s work for quite a while now. She has a unique style.

6. Brandy says:

Those pictures are beautiful! I would love for my house to look like that someday.

7. I just love her designs! It looks so pretty and functional. All the spaces are maximized and the color choices are awesome! She has so much talent to put together designs like those.

8. Kita Bryant says:

Great job on your first one! These are some gorgeous setups! Great inspiration!

9. This is truly amazing! I love this style. The furniture and colors look great! Great job!

10. Melissa says:

I love veronica’s design aesthetic! So many bold colors and textures and the juxtaposition of so different styles! It’s so sumptuous and yet the spaces all look like you can actually live in them and not just admire them from a distance!

11. Lisa Favre says:

That geometric rug in the first few pictures is beautiful! Totally puts the room together.

12. Brianne says:

Wow wow wow! Stunning! We are in the process of buying a beach house and interior design is my weakest trait. I will definitely be coming back to this post for inspiration!

13. MJ.L says:

Wow beautiful work! I love all of the rooms!

14. I am having serious pillow envy! {Is that a thing?} Those pillows on the sofa are to-die-for and I love the mix of fabrics and patterns!

15. Theresa says:

I always like to admire Veronica’s work! She is a super talented designer!

16. Liz Mays says:

Veronica is an incredible interior designer. I really liked the work she did on that Texas showhouse.

17. felicia says:

These are all such great tips and ideas. I love all of the rooms.

18. Nicole Escat says:

Wow! This design and decor are really beautiful, unique and fantastic.

19. Amanda Love says:

I love her designs, each and every one the rooms are perfect for family homes. It’s so warm and cozy and you get that comfortable feel too. She’s the person you want if you’re looking for a room that will make you feel right at home the minute you get home from a busy day at work.

20. Kristi says:

Wow… love this! Blown away. It’s so warm and inviting, wish it was my house!

21. Jeanine says:

What gorgeous photos! Veronica sure is talented and knows what she is doing! Breathtaking work she does.

22. Nikki Wayne says:

Wow, this is a wonderful interior design! I wish I can have something like that in my future house.

23. That’s really colorful and bright! I could see myself living in this house. Yeah, I could force myself to live there (*sarcastic sigh*).
    Dawn McAlexander recently posted…Care For Your Cat’s Teeth With Meow Mix Brushing Bites #sponsoredMy Profile

24. Ann Bacciaglia says:

Veronica does amazing work. I follow her blog and I am always inspired by her designs.

25. Terri Davis says:

I love the showhouse that Veronica did as well as all of her work. She has a great sense of color!

26. Ora Lee Gurr says:

What a great interview and opportunity to see more of Veronica’s design ideas. I cannot pick a favorite photo because they all have innovative appeal.

27. Rosey says:

Being invested in the outcome is probably a big part of what makes it such a fulfilling job too, I’m sure! Happy to hear some behind the scenes info. here. 🙂

28. Candy O says:

I absolutely love the designs. I’m not much for decorating and she did an amazing job on this house. Thank you for the inspiration!

29. Kristin says:

So nice! I love the modern designs with cold colors!

30. Tracey says:

Veronica is incredible at what she does. I absolutely love her style and those rooms are so my taste.

About Me

whitney j decor | whitney jones | new orleans interior designer | new orleans decorator | nola interior designer | nola decorator

I’m a self-proclaimed foodie with a love of all things HOME. I’m at my best when color & coffee is involved, but you can also bribe me with crawfish, bread pudding, and/or hibachi. New Orleans born and bred, it’s how I’ve learned to be confident in my use of unique patterns, bold color, and space planning when transforming my clients’ homes! Welcome to Whitney J Décor!

Join the VIP List

find out How I navigate retail stores for home decor

I'm a loud talking creative with a love for all things home. I'm all about turning your most boring, often neglected space, into your dream home. I love shopping "To The Trade" for décor you can be sure aren't in everyone else's home, but sometimes I have to shop my local retail stores. Want to learn how I best navigate these stores for the most fab finds? Sign up for my Home Decor Retail Shopping Guide!

latest vlogs