August 30, 2016

Before and After: Bright, White Guest Bathroom Refresh

I’m so excited to show you guys my latest transformation into a gorgeous, bright, eclectic guest bathroom, so I’m just going to jump right in!

eclectic guest bathroom

At Home and Pfister Faucets partnered with me to transform my mom’s guest bathroom. We changed the fixtures, painted the walls and cabinet, and added some fun accessories.

Here’s what my mom’s bathroom looked like before:

eclectic guest bathroom

And, after A LOT of elbow grease, here’s what it looks like now:

eclectic guest bathroom

We painted the walls Glidden Whitecliff Beige, which may look a bit similar to the paint before, but in person the colors are totally different. The new color is warmer and brighter, and instantly made the room feel fresher – even before changing anything else.

We also changed the toilet and countertop and by this point the bathroom looked and felt BRAND NEW. The cabinet is the same, just painted with my favorite black paint color: Limousine Leather by Behr Marquee.

eclectic guest bathroom eclectic guest bathroom eclectic guest bathroomThis bathroom is the guest bath right off the room that is now my studio/office (I moved it from my dining room in my apartment). This bathroom gets a lot of traffic, so I knew this makeover would be a fun treat for my entire family.

Before, the bathroom was very bland, old, and dated. Now, it’s bright and fresh, with fun accents.

Pfister sent me this beautiful faucet (Venturi – LF-048-VNKK) in brushed nickel with all the other bath accessories to match (all from the Venturi line: 24″ towel bar, towel ring, pivot paper holder, showerhead, and robe hooks). The entire Venturi line is really beautiful and extra sleek, plus they’re really easy to install. The faucet took me 10 minutes at most (not including the time it took to get the old one off) to install. 10 MINUTES!!!

eclectic guest bathroom eclectic guest bathroom

I spent a lot of time in At Home shopping for accents for the bathroom. They sent me a gift card to use for transforming the space and if you follow my IGstories, you probably saw how I was oooohing and ahhhing over just about everything in their store. I’m in LOVE with all the pieces I found, especially the cute canister trio that’s holding cotton balls, Q-tips, and cotton pads. Everything else came from At Home, except my vintage Miles Davis magazine page (with frame) or my ponytail palm plant with vase.

Also, notice that I even though I used brushed nickel bath accessories and faucet, I didn’t just stick to a nickel finish. I like to mix metals, so I used a stainless steel glam light fixture, pewter mirror, and threw in some shiny gold pieces, too!

eclectic guest bathroom eclectic guest bathroom eclectic guest bathroom

So, what do you guys think? Let me know in the comment section below!

17 comments so far.

17 responses to “Before and After: Bright, White Guest Bathroom Refresh”

1. Ebony says:

Love it Whitney!!!

2. Sanaa Brooks says:

WDF man! LOL (Am I allowed to cuss here? Sigh! Sorry lol) I just pray I remember you when I move into my own spot, because I’m just gonna need you to come through and fix everything up. This is soooo good!

Great job dear!

~ Sanaa

3. Alaua says:

Wow!! This is absolutely
    Gorgeous Whitney! I love the idea of mixing metals. This space has a whole new look.. I’m feeling super inspired and I will have to check out the faucet you used! And the mirror is gorgeous too! *heads to At Home*

4. Vana says:

Love this! Would you be up for doing q&A insta stories or YouTube how to’s like a pro? I’m not that savvy and I love your work

5. Lisa says:

Wow Whitney! This is literally a completely different bathroom! I love it and I’m inspired to get my own bathroom together now. I’ll have to check out At Home for some accents the ones you picked up are nice!

Great work!

6. Carli says:

Wow. what a beautiful transformation! That faucet is stunning! There are so many pretty details!

7. Jamala says:

Fantastic..I love the new look and you have it the perfect accent pieces. I absolutely adore the mirror

8. Tiana says:

This is gorgeous. For a small but very important space this makes a huge impact. What an upgrade. Brava! The mirror is my favorite.

9. Jamie says:

Wow – that turned out great! 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty
    Jamie recently posted…Home Matters Linky Party #110My Profile

About Me

whitney j decor | whitney jones | new orleans interior designer | new orleans decorator | nola interior designer | nola decorator

I’m a self-proclaimed foodie with a love of all things HOME. I’m at my best when color & coffee is involved, but you can also bribe me with crawfish, bread pudding, and/or hibachi. New Orleans born and bred, it’s how I’ve learned to be confident in my use of unique patterns, bold color, and space planning when transforming my clients’ homes! Welcome to Whitney J Décor!

Join the VIP List

find out How I navigate retail stores for home decor

I'm a loud talking creative with a love for all things home. I'm all about turning your most boring, often neglected space, into your dream home. I love shopping "To The Trade" for décor you can be sure aren't in everyone else's home, but sometimes I have to shop my local retail stores. Want to learn how I best navigate these stores for the most fab finds? Sign up for my Home Decor Retail Shopping Guide!

latest vlogs