Don't miss a sale; don't miss a post! Sign up for the VIP list for can't-miss-it home decor specials, straight-to-your-inbox decorating tips, and current blog posts!

Designer Feature – Veronica Solomon of Casa Vilora Interiors

I always come across the most amazing, livable interiors and this showhouse is no exception. My fellow design buddy, Veronica Solomon, of Casa Vilora Interiors always gets it right.

She has a way of mixing different design styles that not only provide fun contrast, but her designs are sophisticated and classic. You can see plenty examples of her work on her site and her blog.

Just take a look at this room Veronica designed in a Texas showhouse earlier this year.

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

0beb7e_6ad07e3c57574e38bd3d3282e0a7f82e
Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

As always, we’re nosy about our featured designers, so I had some questions for her:

Can you share some info about this beautiful showhouse? Which room is this? How did you come about participating in it?

This showhouse is a 12000sf home on Lake Woodlands in The Woodland TX. The owners were getting ready to put it on the market for sale, and instead of just doing a remodel and staging, the builder, Peterson builders suggested that they do it as a showhouse. Peterson builders has teamed up in the past with ASID TGCC (Texas Gulf Coast Chapter) on several other showhouses and the team came together again on this project. I did a small child’s bedroom on the lower level. As a member of the ASID TGCC I received the invitation to apply to be a part of the showhouse. I jumped at the chance. I have always wanted to do one. In fact, we have another one coming up in the Spring of 2017 and I signed up to be a showhouse chair.

Is this the first showhouse that you’ve done? What’s the process like?

It is my first one. This one, believe it or not, we had about 90 days from planning to installation. It was a lot of doing things outside of my usual processes and meeting deadlines. But it was an amazing experience. I have made some great relationships.

What was your idea behind the decor here? Is this reflective of all the other design work you do?

My idea was to really take advantage of the beautiful natural light and the views outside. I wanted the decor to be intentional – holding your interest while you are in the room, but still relate to the outdoors. I kept the foundation of the design very classic and then add color and funky elements to create an eclectic mix without the room losing its identity as a fun kids’ hangout. Instead of keeping it as strictly a bedroom, I did a custom daybed so the room can also be a lounging space. Most of my designs are eclectic and colorful with classic touches at the core – so this room is similar to what you will find in my portfolio. Of course I also do Traditional, farmhouse, MCM. I love mixing it up.

Tell us a bit about your design firm.

I have been in business since 2007 and I do mostly residential and some small commercial and office spaces. We are the only design firm in our area to provide our clients with a seamless combination of luxurious and practical interiors. My clients love that they can have the best of both worlds. They are typically busy families, but they still want a nice home for entertaining and just living.

How long have you been in business for and what’s most rewarding about working for yourself?

I have been in business for 9 years. I really love the freedom of being my own boss. I have a rebellious streak, so it is awesome being able to set the rules.

Being a designer myself, I know how hard it can be working with clients that haven’t a clue about the design process or how I work. What’s the biggest tip you can share with my readers about what they should know about working with a designer?

That we bring a tremendous value to the project and they should trust the process. There are so many things that we do behind the scenes that clients aren’t even aware of it. We do it not only because it is our job, but we are just as invested in a great outcome. Every project is like a baby we just gave birth to, we nurture it from the very beginning till it has developed into the beautiful result. We really do want the best for our clients, and so trusting your designer and really understanding their value will go along way for the best results

What’s your design style?

Haha! Not sure I have one particular style. I am influenced by so many different styles. If I had to name a style, I would say bohemian modern with a bit of classic details mixed in.

I truly love Veronica’s work and know you guys will, too. Follow her on Instagram and Facebook. You can also sign up to her email list to get her eBook, How to Create a Beautifully Detailed Room for Under $5000.

See other examples of her work below, but you can see even more on Veronica’s website.

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors
Veronica Solomon - Casa Vilora Interiors

If you love Veronica’s work as much as I do, make sure you show her some love in the comments section below!

P.S.: Follow me on Instagram!!

30 Comments on Designer Feature – Veronica Solomon of Casa Vilora Interiors

1. Veronica
    August 19, 2016 at 12:45 pm (11 months ago)

Whitney, thank you so much for featuring my work. I have always been a fan of yours as well, and I am just so honored to be featured on your blog to your wonderful audience.

2. Johanna Ali
    August 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm (11 months ago)

I love these rooms. I like how there is just the right amount of color in each room. I also like the use of clean lines. Looks very sharp with the black and white. Love it. Great job Veronica.

3. Chavonne Harvey
    August 22, 2016 at 3:04 am (11 months ago)

I like how lively the rooms are, the small details are what stand out the most to me like the thin lining of pink on the curtains, multi color/patterns of pillows on the sofa, the pink and blue in the dinning room. I also like how some of the photos appear very fancy and sophisticated. Excellent designing!
    Chavonne Harvey recently posted…Sweet & Healthy Smoothie RecipeMy Profile

4. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle
    August 22, 2016 at 10:21 am (11 months ago)

Ooh! How exciting to be featured and to feature someone. Those rooms are absolutely beautiful.

5. Pam Wattenbarger
    August 22, 2016 at 10:38 am (11 months ago)

How cool to be featured in a show house. I have been a fan of Veronica’s work for quite a while now. She has a unique style.

6. Brandy
    August 22, 2016 at 10:52 am (11 months ago)

Those pictures are beautiful! I would love for my house to look like that someday.

7. Annemarie LeBlanc
    August 22, 2016 at 11:57 am (11 months ago)

I just love her designs! It looks so pretty and functional. All the spaces are maximized and the color choices are awesome! She has so much talent to put together designs like those.

8. Kita Bryant
    August 22, 2016 at 11:58 am (11 months ago)

Great job on your first one! These are some gorgeous setups! Great inspiration!

9. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com
    August 22, 2016 at 6:31 pm (11 months ago)

This is truly amazing! I love this style. The furniture and colors look great! Great job!

10. Melissa
    August 22, 2016 at 6:38 pm (11 months ago)

I love veronica’s design aesthetic! So many bold colors and textures and the juxtaposition of so different styles! It’s so sumptuous and yet the spaces all look like you can actually live in them and not just admire them from a distance!

11. Lisa Favre
    August 22, 2016 at 6:48 pm (11 months ago)

That geometric rug in the first few pictures is beautiful! Totally puts the room together.

12. Brianne
    August 22, 2016 at 7:06 pm (11 months ago)

Wow wow wow! Stunning! We are in the process of buying a beach house and interior design is my weakest trait. I will definitely be coming back to this post for inspiration!

13. MJ.L
    August 22, 2016 at 7:40 pm (11 months ago)

Wow beautiful work! I love all of the rooms!

14. Lisa Joy Thompson
    August 22, 2016 at 8:17 pm (11 months ago)

I am having serious pillow envy! {Is that a thing?} Those pillows on the sofa are to-die-for and I love the mix of fabrics and patterns!

15. Theresa
    August 22, 2016 at 8:49 pm (11 months ago)

I always like to admire Veronica’s work! She is a super talented designer!

16. Liz Mays
    August 22, 2016 at 8:53 pm (11 months ago)

Veronica is an incredible interior designer. I really liked the work she did on that Texas showhouse.

17. felicia
    August 22, 2016 at 8:55 pm (11 months ago)

These are all such great tips and ideas. I love all of the rooms.

18. Nicole Escat
    August 23, 2016 at 12:18 am (11 months ago)

Wow! This design and decor are really beautiful, unique and fantastic.

19. Amanda Love
    August 23, 2016 at 4:19 am (11 months ago)

I love her designs, each and every one the rooms are perfect for family homes. It’s so warm and cozy and you get that comfortable feel too. She’s the person you want if you’re looking for a room that will make you feel right at home the minute you get home from a busy day at work.

20. Kristi
    August 23, 2016 at 4:35 am (11 months ago)

Wow… love this! Blown away. It’s so warm and inviting, wish it was my house!

21. Jeanine
    August 23, 2016 at 5:27 am (11 months ago)

What gorgeous photos! Veronica sure is talented and knows what she is doing! Breathtaking work she does.

22. Nikki Wayne
    August 23, 2016 at 9:02 am (11 months ago)

Wow, this is a wonderful interior design! I wish I can have something like that in my future house.

23. Ann Bacciaglia
    August 23, 2016 at 10:31 am (11 months ago)

Veronica does amazing work. I follow her blog and I am always inspired by her designs.

24. Terri Davis
    August 23, 2016 at 7:19 pm (11 months ago)

I love the showhouse that Veronica did as well as all of her work. She has a great sense of color!

25. Ora Lee Gurr
    August 23, 2016 at 7:44 pm (11 months ago)

What a great interview and opportunity to see more of Veronica’s design ideas. I cannot pick a favorite photo because they all have innovative appeal.

26. Rosey
    August 23, 2016 at 8:47 pm (11 months ago)

Being invested in the outcome is probably a big part of what makes it such a fulfilling job too, I’m sure! Happy to hear some behind the scenes info. here. 🙂

27. Candy O
    August 23, 2016 at 11:44 pm (11 months ago)

I absolutely love the designs. I’m not much for decorating and she did an amazing job on this house. Thank you for the inspiration!

28. Kristin
    August 24, 2016 at 12:18 pm (11 months ago)

So nice! I love the modern designs with cold colors!

29. Tracey
    August 26, 2016 at 2:36 pm (11 months ago)

Veronica is incredible at what she does. I absolutely love her style and those rooms are so my taste.