You’ve seen similar shelving systems a bunch of times around my apartment and in one of my client’s home and I just can’t get enough it. It’s my favorite kind of wall storage solution.
**** First, I gotta say, PLEASE forgive me for the crappy images. This pretty shade of pink is really hard to photograph in this space. It was pretty dark when I was taking this photos. ****
I love maximizing space with these track systems, because they’re easy to install and are strong and durable enough for any kind of storage solution. They’re also easy to customize to any design you’d like.
I’m decorating the new I’m Tai’lored Boutique in Esplanade Mall and am so excited for the Grand Opening on May 1st. It’s a women’s fashion boutique catering to women of all sizes. The store will carry a wide variety of women’s clothes, shoes, and accessories.
I used the Rubbermaid track shelving system to bring this sketch to life:
It’s super easy to install.[warning]Rubbermaid has really easy to follow directions that you should read first to see how many (and sizes) upright tracks, brackets, and shelves you need.[/warning]
Then, grab your supplies:
- cordless drill or screwdriver
- Rubbermaid 70 in. Twin Upright (I used 6)
- Rubbermaid 11 1/2″ White Twin Track Shelf Bracket (I used 24)
- Rubbermaid Zinc Twin Track Universal Hardware Pack (I used 6)
- Rubbermaid 10″ x 48″ White Laminate Decorative Shelves (I used 10)
Don’t forget to take a look at Rubbermaid’s quick instructions above. Here’s how I installed the shelves in the I’m Tai’lored Boutique store:
- I mounted the uprights 24″ apart with a space in between the shelves for the mannequins that will be displayed.
- Then, you’ll put your brackets on the uprights (I started from the top).
- Lay your shelf on top of the brackets.
- Screw your bracket to the shelf (from the bottom – you’ll see the holes) to secure it.
It’s seriously that easy. It may have taken me 40 minutes the first night and 30-40 minutes the next day to finish the entire the wall of shelves.
This easy wall shelving solution is perfect for home offices (similar to what I have in mine), living rooms (like my media center), bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, etc… virtually anywhere that you need to add storage without taking up floor space.
If you’re in the New Orleans, please stop by the Grand Opening of I’m Tailored Boutique at 12pm in Esplanade Mall!! There will be snacks, wine, and giveaways to the first 10 guests!
That’s all I have for today, guys!!
**** This post is NOT sponsored, I just love to share products that I love and use. All opinions are mine. ****
P.S.: Follow me on Instagram!!